This Continuous Improvement position is accountable for identifying and completing projects and key initiatives at the plant level through the use of Six Sigma, Lean, and Project Management methodologies.
Apply for job #1083
Working with plant leadership, managers, supervisors, engineering and quality teams to ensure the Continuous Improvement program is deployed effectively ensuring initialization of continuous improvement systems and tools are used and sustained to accelerate business improvement initiatives.
They will work closely with the Regional Continuous Improvement Manager to identify and drive Continuous Improvement initiatives that result in performance and customer satisfaction improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing or similar experience.
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification preferred but not required
- Experience in facilitating Kaizen workshops with demonstrated high impact results.
- Demonstrate formal training and experience with Value Stream Management tools, Kaizen methods, and strategy deployment as well as demonstrated strengths in strategic business assessment and business planning.
- A demonstrated understanding of Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Just-In-Time, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, Continuous Improvement Process, Kaizen, SPC, Six Sigma and Communication Tools, and Statistical Problem Solving
Thorough understanding of lean tools such as standardized work, 5S, SMED, TPM, Kanban, MIFA, Error Proofing and etc.
- Understanding and experience with problem-solving methods like 8D PPS or A3.
- Thorough understanding of the DMAIC methodology Analytical skills including key statistical methods commonly used in Six Sigma.
- Has high energy and experience inspiring and motivating cross-functional teams.
- Previous Program/Project management with demonstrated project results from concept thru completion.
- Previous operations management experience preferred.
- Self-starter with the ability to develop/implement strategies in line with the company's business vision.
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to set a vision, manage change, develop personnel and strategically implement continuous improvement.
- Previous Program/Project management skills from concept, planning thru turnkey completion
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Knowledge of FDA cGMP’s
- Working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma preferred
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Experience in Printing industry – folding cartons, inserts
- Proven track record of improving quality, efficiency, and workflow in a production environment
- Personal/Professional development history
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of MS Office, Access, Project